Labor day is behind us which means fall is right around the corner (technically 16 days away). Although I am trying to get my last couple of wears of my summer wardrobe, which is definitely going my way in NYC with the recent “heatwave”, I’m already thinking about all the things I need to get ready for the upcoming season. So I’ve put together my list of must haves and am sharing them with you. What do you think?
- Leopard flats – I love leopard print anything but when you’re talking about incorporating it into your work look, you do want to be subtle. Shoes are a great way to rock this animal print. And bonus – they are flats! I love heels (more than I love leopard) but sometimes you want to give your feet a break.
- Swarovski ballpoint pen – Sure, you can get a fancy Mont Blanc, but if you lose it, like I did, you are out $200 – minimum. This pen is functional, absolutely beautiful and most importantly, the price is right. And if you lose this one, you are only out $35.
- Button down white shirt – You can never have too many button down white shirts. What I love about this particular one is that it is not your standard oxford shirt. The bow is so feminine.
- Productivity tools – I love a good app, but I especially love apps that increase my productivity, help me be more organized and ultimately give me a competitive edge at work. Evernote is all the talk right now and I encourage you to check it out.
- iPhone 6 – I’m not a tech geek but everything I read about the iPhone 6 has me excited for the big unveil on September 9th. We work in a world where we don’t sit at our desks all day. We work from anywhere and all the time. The (rumored) bigger screen on the iPhone 6 but all the upgrades (speed, technology, camera, battery, etc) definitely makes this an awesome mobile device for our on-the-go integrated work-lives.
- Berry colored lipstick – I have nothing to say other than I really like this color! The jewel tone of this particular one by Milani (drugstore brand) will work well from fall into winter (did I just write winter? gross!) And the color lasts all day.
- Statement bracelets – Bracelets are the new ‘it’ accessory. Move over statement necklaces – I still love you but I am going to start incorporating bold bracelets into my look. I especially love this one from Banana Republic. It will look great with my work outfits but also works well with my weekend looks.
- Vision board – As we get closer to the end of the year, its important to give thought to what you want to accomplish in the upcoming year. I think vision boards are a great way to visualize your career aspirations and helps keep you focused. I especially like the vision board tool on Oprah.com. Great way to create a board without paper cuts and sticky hands.
Click on my Polyvore board to get links to all my must haves!